Wednesday, December 10, 2014



Field Blog Post #9

MR. Stoffl Geometry

NDCL High School


This time when I came to visit Mr. Stoffl he told his students he was going to give them a quiz when class ends. The students were all complaining. Mr. Stoffl told all of the students that they were going to review the whole class for what was on the quiz except for the last 20 minutes. The last 20 minutes were for the students to take the quiz. While I was in high school geometry was not my best class, partially because my teacher never explained it well and it was difficult to understand him. But I watched Mr. Stoffl explain everything. He even gave me a quiz at the end of class. I finished the quiz in 5 minutes getting everything right. I am not saying I am super smart or anything but if the students followed what he said it was a very easy quiz. That is coming from someone who has not taken any type of geometry in three years.
After class I talked to Mr. Stoffl and he told me that he saw a good amount of students with a very poor score. He said the students just do not care at all. He said he tries to help them out as much as possible. He said"Come to talk to me whenever you have a problem I will help you. You can come during activity, or after school I will help you."  He then told me the students just do not care, they do not pay attention in class. It was difficult for to see him that because you could tell a part of him felt as if it was his fault. He tries everything but the students do not seem to really care. It really is unfortunate for Mr. Stoffl.

No comments:

Post a Comment