Thursday, October 16, 2014



Blog Post # 7

I believe Ayers is absolutely correct with the statement about a lousy teacher. A great teacher should defiantly be able to connect with the students. That is where I believe the bridge meets. The one end of the bridge is the teacher. The other end is the student. Being able to find a common ground is such a huge impact in a classroom.  Two examples of a bridge could be that the student has to go the whole way over the bridge. Meaning the student does all the work, learns it on their own while the teacher only gives them the assignments and the tests. Another bridge could be the teacher going the entire way. The teacher handing them all the knowledge not making the student work at all. That is why it is important to have a good common area in a classroom. The expectations should be known for the whole class.
I am going to plan teacher experience at my former school. I am going to tutor students who need help in math. I have talked to teachers there for my opportunity to help students. Helping struggling students is a big part of a classroom I believe. The only negative is that I will understand one aspect of the teaching world. I will not know how to deal with smart students. Being able to find a common ground between how to help the excelling students and the struggling students. The obvious answer is put more attention to the struggling students. The classroom life for a teacher is completely different then any of us can even imagine. It is a different experience. Being able to teach in front of 20 students is difficult. The main reason being people are judging in all sense. Also keeping the class entertaining so the students feel involved the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment