Friday, October 24, 2014



Blog Post 8


 Blog 8 is a continued blog from number 7. Blog 7 was mainly talking about how to build bridges. To me the building of the bridges is building relationships. The student teacher relationship is one of the most important in a child's life. Teachers are mentors to the student, the teacher can have such a huge impact on a person. Students remember teachers from their grade school days. I personally have a very good relationship with my first grade teacher. Her and I connected when I was in her class and our relationship is continued today. She is responsible for the kind of person I am today. Without her I would not be the person I am today. Also I may not be here. She is someone when I have problems that I can talk to, she helped me in certain situations.
The student relationship with a teacher can be a literal life changer. Teachers who do not respect the student or treat them as inferior hurt the student. They hurt the student could have problems with their confidence in that subject and in life overall because of a teacher. I have been blessed to where I did not let any teacher effect me in such a negative way.
When I become a teacher I understand I cannot have amazing relationships with every student. But I can have a good relationship. A relationship where they feel comfortable with me and I am not the teacher they dislike. I want to make certain relationships that are close where I am close with a certain amount of students throughout my career to where I can help them. Myself wanting to teach high school I could help them through the whole college process. High school is a difficult time for some people and if I could help them through those times I would be happy with the bridges that my students and I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment