Tuesday, November 18, 2014



Clinical Teaching


In our class today we had Ch. 17 in the Educational Foundations book. I thought it went really really good for the first time of any of us teaching to people. We had a great planning meeting getting down into the material and then thinking of what we could do to make a great class. It shows what can happen in the future, collaborating with teachers picking up on ideas and plans.
The class today I thought went really good. I thought we all touched our topics very well, got our point across. I think we opened up people's eyes. To see how Finland teachers actually teach and how it is such a great profession over there. That can make them think the same way here. Think "Hey I'm a teacher this is awesome and I am proud of myself." I feel that the small groups were great. It was a good way to create good discussion and debate. In my own personal group they had a little debate start. One student thought the 3 class idea is terrible, while another person thought I liked that idea, they thought they were doing not as much and could focus on the main topics of what the government wants us to learn.
I thought one thing I could have fixed was to be more confident up there. I understand it was the first time people are nervous, but I think I could have been better if I were more confident. I believe that can be the key to teaching. Confidence is key in everything I believe especially up in front of 20 students. To show them that you understand the topic and that you are confident with it.
Besides for that I thought everything went great. People had good discussion, I felt like they understood the information.

No comments:

Post a Comment