Sunday, November 9, 2014


Field Blog

Agnon School

I was in a fourth grade class at the School of Agnon. It was different then what I believed about a 4th grade class. I honestly believed that the children would be wild and loud. I was wrong, they were very well behaved and very respectful. The one thing  I took away from this is that I know I cannot do younger children. I feel that it is a teacher student relationship. I want my relationship to be friendly. A relationship where my students and I are very close. In that situation I feel it is hard to do something like that. But this was awesome so now I know for sure I could not do this. I am a person who wants to teach mature students who have their own ideas and what not. The classroom was set up cool. The students sat at tables together. I like that because I feel like it builds the community of the classroom. The one negative aspect of that though is the students could talk to each other a lot easier. Overall the experience was a great one. It is one of those things where you find out a lot about yourself through what you do not like. Also it seemed like the teacher community was very strong. All the teachers seemed to be very friendly. I was walking to a class and the teachers were very kind and said hello with a smile. I felt very comfortable at that school. The school of Agnon was different. The class set up seemed odd. But the made it work. I liked how they taught Hebrew to the students. Great time at the School of Agnon.

No comments:

Post a Comment