Sunday, November 30, 2014



Field Blog #1

Mrs. Kelm Stats


This was the first time I went out into the field by myself and it was very interesting. I went to my former high school and went to my favorite teacher as well. Seeing as how it was my first time there I was nervous that I might be a distraction to the class. I knew many students in the class and I thought that people would try talking to me and asking how college is etc. But she handled the situation perfectly I thought. She told the class who I am, why I was there. She also told the students that I was there for school not to judge anyone and that they should pretty much leave me alone. I just minded my own business and observed her style. It was different actually watching how she taught compared to being taught by her. She was encouraging her students telling them to go out on a limb and take a chance. Which I totally forgot about. I noticed that she would rather have students be wrong then sit there and not answer any question at all. When the student was wrong she was able to see where they made a mistake and tell them how to correct that mistake. One thing she did a lot of was have the students go through problems. She would have the students go through each problem step by step. Each step she would ask a student to help her out. Then she explains each step or has the student explain how they got the right answer. It was interesting to watch her compared to listen to her as a teacher and see how great of a teacher she actually is. The first experience by myself made me realize that I would love to do this, and would be awesome at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment